Internal Improvement Officer
Want to kick-start a career with an award-winning UK software company? Now’s your chance!
Due to continued expansion we have a unique yet critical role available as an Internal Improvement Officer. This person will report to the Internal Improvement Manager and Senior Management team directly. They will oversee the health and safety requirements of the business, alongside supporting ongoing internal improvement right through the business – as a company we never want to stop looking inwardly at how we can improve, and this role will strive to constantly deliver that aim. This role is as varied as they come – no two days will ever look the same, and requires someone willing to take on a broad range of responsibilities and challenges.
Wise Software (UK) Ltd. is a modern, exciting, growing and forward-thinking company that develops and sells OrderWise, a market leading business management software solution. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses across the UK and beyond, with over 10,000 users across a wide range of industry sectors. We continue to grow from strength to strength, achieving a turnover of £15.4m in 2021 and demonstrating significant year on year growth. We have over 200 employees working across our teams including Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Sales Coordinators and Technical Support Advisers, all of whom enjoy working from our purpose-built Head Office near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse, and we are looking for the best people to join us on our journey in taking the company through our next phase of growth.
Health and Safety
- Oversee the First Aid and Fire Safety provision for the business, including updating rotas, documentation and processes and managing stock levels of equipment.
- Arrange training courses for other health and safety related personnel within the business.
- Create and update fire and evacuation plans for the business, and update this as and when required.
- Support building inspections to ensure upholding of health and safety standards.
- Create, maintain, and update all related health and safety documentation for the business, including COSHH database, RAMS & SOP documents and risk assessments.
- Support general health and safety requirements across the business, such as scheduling routine works from contractors/third parties.
- Ensure latest health and safety guidelines are being implemented and adhered to across the business, including covid-19 arrangements and testing provision.
Business Support & Compliance
- Contribute to the writing, maintenance and updating of company policy and procedures documentation.
- Support internally with compliance requests from customers and third parties.
- Support quality assurance processes across the business to ensure levels of customer service are maintained to a high standard.
- Support the business in obtaining accreditations and awards, as well as other projects involving third party/external providers, such as ISO accreditation and Cyber Essentials renewal.
- Work alongside the senior management team in carrying out internal improvement projects across the business, including investigation and review of current procedures, and implementing improvements and associated training.
- Provide admin support as required to the senior management team/Internal Improvement Manager.
- A willingness to take on additional responsibilities across the business as required
Knowledge & Skills
- Qualifications and experience relating to health & safety would be advantageous.
- A team player with ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team.
- Excellent IT, communication, and prioritisation skills.
- Approachable with a willingness to help others.
- A confidence to provide critical evaluation and feedback of departments and individuals.
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner.
- Ability to learn quickly and accurately.
- An ingrained attention to detail.
By working as part of the OrderWise team, all colleagues enjoy the following:
- Playing a valuable, recognised part in a family company.
- Competitive annual salary.
- Regular performance and salary reviews.
- Attendance bonus scheme.
- On-going staff training and improvement programmes.
- 22 days paid annual leave.
- 8 days paid UK bank holidays.
- An extra day of annual leave for every year you work for the company.
- You also get your birthday off too!
- Easily accessible working location.
- Smart/casual dress code.
- Weekly baskets of fruit for each department.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Free parking.
- Modern, warm and friendly working environment.
- Access to fully equipped private company gym with a personal trainer.
- Subsidised on-site staff café offering coffees, breakfasts, weekly lunch specials and home made cakes.
- Flexi-breaks allowing you to take your breaks whenever you prefer.
Hours: 40hrs p/wk (8:45am – 5:15pm, Mon. to Fri.)
Job Type: Full-time
To find out more about life at OrderWise click hereAPPLY NOW