Want to kick-start a career with an award-winning UK software company? Now’s your chance!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident and capable person to join our expanding Software Testing Team as an Automation Tester. The ideal candidate will be an experienced software tester using testing automation software and a team player looking for a new challenge within a Testing and Quality Control environment. At the forefront of everything we do, our testing team aim to provide consistently bug free software to OrderWise users whilst maintaining defined SLAs. Our Testing Team are a busy, hardworking and dynamic team, who are continually looking to improve the way they work and improve the quality of the software we produce, whilst keeping abreast of continual developments and changes within our software.
After training on OrderWise you will join your team and learn about how they work, what targets they have and how they achieve them. Your Manager will help bring out the best in you, so you can contribute to the team target as quickly as possible. As an Automation Tester, you will find each day rewarding and enjoyable and feel a valued member of the team and understand how you contribute to the Company as a whole. You will be confident and good at problem solving, have the ability to ‘think on your feet’ and have excellent communication skills with the ability to learn new skills quickly and accurately. It is essential to be familiar with automation testing.
- Test OrderWise Software, using various testing methods.
- Create and maintain automation tests.
- Analyse faults and rectify tests to improve software quality.
- Liaise with colleagues and Software Developers when required to ensure issues are understood, effectively recorded and communicated to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support other colleagues in their development and training.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have experience in testing software manually and via automation.
- Have a logical and thorough approach to problem solving.
- Be quality focused / Possess an eye for detail.
- Well organised with good prioritisation skills with the ability to learn quickly and accurately.
- Be motivated and client focused.
- A team player with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of the team.
- Approachable with a willingness to help others.
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner with excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- General knowledge of automation frameworks.
- Experience of using Appium/Selenium and Test Complete would be ideal.
- Experience in Microsoft SQL is advantageous.
What we can offer in return
Alongside a great starting salary, we want all of our colleagues to feel:
- Alongside statutory leave, we offer additional holiday for your birthday, and for each year you work with us.
- Flexitime and flexible breaks to provide that all important work life balance.
- Hybrid working between the office and home.
- Wellbeing support, including flu shots and professional mental health support.
- Subsidised ‘Hive’ café, offering food and beverage options throughout your day.
- Team events and perks, including free lunches on ‘Team Days’.
- Annual team and company events, including our annual ‘Colleague Awards’ night.
- A company gym to use throughout the week.
- Colleague discounts from local and national providers.
- We also offer other occupational benefits including death in service and critical illness cover.
Who We Are
Wise Software (UK) Ltd. is a modern, exciting, growing and forward-thinking company that develops and sells OrderWise, a market leading business management software solution. OrderWise is used by small, medium and large businesses across the UK and beyond, with over 10,000 users across a wide range of industry sectors.
We continue to grow from strength to strength, achieving a turnover of £15.4m in 2021 and demonstrating significant year on year growth.We have over 200 employees working across our teams including Developers, Testers, Project Managers, Trainers, Sales Coordinators and Technical Support Advisers, all of whom enjoy working from our purpose-built Head Office near Lincoln. The OrderWise team is dynamic, creative, dedicated and diverse, and we are looking for the best people to join us on our journey in taking the company through our next phase of growth.
Salary: £20,000 – £30,000 Depending On Experience
Hours: 40hrs p/wk (8:45am – 5:15pm, Mon. to Fri.)
To find out more about life at OrderWise click hereAPPLY NOW